Sunday, February 04, 2007

And Yet

I got an email from Jeremy:

“ok- so the story is there’s some bacteria- not alot…. they said that if you don’t have symptoms it’s nothing you should be concerned about...”

I wrote back to say that I a) hoped he was feeling OK b) would be seeing a doctor shortly.

I’m never going to hear from him again am I?

What does it mean to be diagnosed with bacteria? Like, what kind of bacteria? A STI kind of bacteria, or a less meaningful kind?

I’ve been thinking about Jeremy all day long. I never thought I was the kind of person who only wants men who don't pursue her, but I’m doing a good imitation right now. And, come to think of it, he spelled “a lot” as “alot” -- usually grounds for dismissal in my book, and yet it doesn’t even bother me!

Everything with Daniel is going swimmingly, I’m quite confident that we have a good, albeit strange, relationship. And with Jeremy, the sex isn’t as fantastic and he’s not nearly as lovely and sweet. And yet. And yet I can’t stop thinking about Jeremy, and how much I want to hear from him, and how I want him to fall in love with me. I’ve got more problems than I thought.

No comments: