Friday, October 06, 2006

Craig's List, the Sequel

Last night I succumbed to the temptation and spent hours reading through the Casual Encounters and Men Seeking Women posts.

Honestly, there’s not that much difference between the two. Theoretically, Men Seeking Women is for those who want a relationship, ("No thick women!") while casual encounters is raunchier, and suitable for detailing your masturbatory fantasies to the slack-jawed surfers who read them (me). Only, in Men Seeking Women I see an awful lot of lengthy posts along the lines of “then I will slowly open your ….. and you will moan … luscious…” etc. One guy – he reposts the same ad all the time! – has this really florid language: “Now I will commence the spanking proper.” It never ceases to make me snicker. Of course, casual encounters has all the St8 men who want to give blowjobs to other men. And of course, frisky couples … they sound like cats.

Anyway, Craig’s List sucked my evening away, and before I knew it I had answered several ads. Most were, ahem-- In the casual encounters section. In one or two I enclosed my photo. I thought I’d get answers. Did I hell!

One response, and a very brief (and thus barely flirtatious) one at that. Afterwards, I’m always so ashamed that the person didn’t respond, like, the guy was out of my league or something. Like I’m too ugly for him. That doesn’t make a lot of sense, I know.

No comments: